Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - 2/23/09

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...Cool, crisp morning - only 9 degrees. Going to warm up this week to (hopefully) 48 degrees! Spring is just around the corner!

I am thinking...of how Mondays always seem to be the craziest day of the week, filled with promise for productive days

I am thankful for...a husband who is a chiropractor as my neck is really stuck this morning on one side! Too bad I have to wait until he comes home to have it taken care of!

From the learning rooms...spelling test that we didn't get to on Friday is first on the agenda. Science and history are on the list today along with the rest of our core subjects. Need to get TJ's story completed that she is writing as well

From the kitchen...pulled pork sandwiches and french onion soup for supper - that's as far ahead as I am at this point!

I am wearing...typical Monday uniform: slippers, socks, exercise pants, long sleeve top, black pullover

I am creating...PILES. Piles and piles of stuff that needs to be put away - I am trying to reorganize my desk with work vs school stuff. Also, starting the process of organizing VBS for the summer with a whole new idea, so that needs to be created as well

I am going...nowhere today! I think my Monday will be completely spent within these fine walls I call home

I am reading...Well, I finished book two in the Mark of the Lion series - AWESOME!!! Now, I have book three available, but have some other ones that are due before it. Might start The Prophet by Francine Rivers first.

I am hoping...that we can get through our science lesson today without litmus paper b/c I don't have any! Also hoping for clear, God-led direction in regards to our VBS program

I am hearing...JT reading things to me. To be honest, I am hearing "blah, blah, blah" even though he is reading joke after joke. Is that bad? :)

Around the house... Operation organization needs to be revamped and revived! Actually, it's not too out of hand, but it needs a little attention. The basement has two tents and an air mattress up still from our weekend "camp IN".

One of my favorite things...how come coffee always comes to mind first? :) A nice roaring fire and a good book

A few plans for the rest of the week: Ash Wednesday, Marriage conference on Saturday, VBS meeting, work meeting Thursday - wow, the week is filling up

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Please join other daybookers through the link on the right!

Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great day staying inside...and we celebrate 15 years this week....a roaring fire is nice to think about...enjoy your week.

Keeper of the Home said...

French onion soup.....YUM YUM!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such lovely thoughts.

Unknown said...

Love your blog. Your dinner menu sounds wonderful-made my own pulled pork for the 1st time a few weeks ago. It's one of my favorites.

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Found your blog from Evening Shade and Morning Latte ... so glad I stopped by ... It's been a pleasure.

Mrs. B

Amy said...

Hey hey hey, my friend!!! Happy Monday!! Love your monday post today....

Woo weeeee 9 degrees??!!! Gasp!!!
Dinner sounds fabulous.... mmmm... I would love to try that french onion soup recipe... yumo!!
Doesn't organizing feel so good... it's so therapeutic!

What marriage conference are you going too??

Hope you had a wonderful weekend to :) Ours was just way crazy! Hey... wanna email each other sometime?? yeah yeah yeah.. it will be fun! Here is my email addy... smile74@cox.net . K? Cause I think your super cool, and that's that..period. over and out! ~ A

Jen said...

Sounds like a great week ahead of you. Pulled pork sounds great! Have a great day.

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Your home is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

Anonymous said...

Mondays are always crazy on my end, too! I hope that your neck is feeling better. I'm sitting here with a heat pack on my still.

Have a spirit-filled week,
~Mrs.Cuddles

Sandra said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook :)