Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Simple Devotion

For Today...

Dear Lord,

I'll bring you my shortcomings...Again, my selfishness always finds a way to creep into my day. Lord, I continue to turn it over to you to rebuild and mold me more in your image. I am not perfect, but I do want to be more like you.

I'll bring you my worship and praise...Father God, you touch lives in ways many of us don't understand, or even comprehend. Sometimes you touch us in ways we do not even see until long past the day when you intervened. As the songwriter says, "You are God of all, before time began, you are God alone." May my days be full of worship and praise to you, the Father of all creation.

I'll bring you my prayer...Today, I bring you my pastor and his wife. Lord, the challenges are great to lead your flock, and I pray that you will uplift and uphold him as he seeks your will and guidance.

You spoke to me...I feel compelled to use the same verse as last week, to guide me in my works and ways... "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Please feel free to join your heart with others through the Simple Devotion link on the right...

May God bless your day!

No comments: