Monday, December 1, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

(Please link back to Peggy's daybook using button at right...)

For Today...

Outside my window...cold, with little sleet pellets forming. Took the garbage cans down and the wind took my breath away

I am thinking...how to incorporate Christmas into our December schooling. It always seems to sneak up on us without having enough time to prepare our hearts

From the learning rooms...getting a later start today as we are exhausted from being off schedule over the weekend. I still need to write out our lesson plans for the day. I hate it when I leave that until Monday morning!

I am thankful for...a wonderful Thanksgiving, that my mom was able to be here, a relaxing, casual, non-overloaded weekend

From the kitchen...Still working on the leftovers...need to get creative today!

I am wearing...slippers, socks, black yoga pants, white long sleeve shirt, black pullover (and I'll probably need to add one more layer yet!)

I am reading...nothing right now - need to get some new books at the library. Went through all three of the novels I checked out a couple of weeks ago

I am hoping...that I can work on my patience and kindness and that all the ornaments from the Angel Tree at Brad's work will be taken so that items can be purchased for a needy family in the area

I am creating...our December calendar with all of our activities and responsibilities

I am hearing...our dog howling as he already wants to get in the house

Around the house...need to organize hats and mittens, do TJ's room, and usual Monday cleaning. Decorations are all up and we can enjoy them all month - YEA!

One of my favorite things...sitting in the living room, surrounded by white lights along with gold, white, and red accents. Add the Christmas music and I am relaxed and at peace

A few plans for the rest of the week...finish the December calendar, TJ's room, and the office. That's the goals for operation organization!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Good Morning! I enjoyed your Daybook entry for today; sounds like a chilly, busy week ahead for you and your family.

We still haven't had our first snow in this temperate corner of the Pacific Northwest. Our children do so enjoy it, so I hope we receive some soon. :)

Jen said...

I'm sitting in my living room looking at my white lights on the tree....listening to holiday music...

Jo said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook, I enjoyed reading it. I also love sitting in with the Christmas lights on and listening to Christmas music. Even better with a mug of hot chocolate!

Best wishes,
Jo

Amy said...

Well hey there!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my DB :) Loved reading yours this morning...

Operation Organization huh?? woo hoo!! Go, momma, go!! :)

Have a beauty day today!

Paula said...

How I wish my decorations were up...

The Savvy Mama said...

Hope all of your preparations are blessed! Thank you for sharing your daybook with us.