Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Simple Devotion

(Please use the button on the right to link to Peggy's original Simple Devotion homepage)

For Today...

Dear Lord,

I'll bring you my shortcomings...the inadequacies are many, oh Lord, but I know with you all things are possible. Only you can lead my heart from one of wanting to control to one of submitting to you, in all areas of my life. Lord, guide my heart to one of humility and releasing of all my plans to you.

I'll bring you my worship and praise... As we near Thanksgiving, I know that I should be thankful each and every day for all that you give us. You are the God of power and might, the God of plenty and the God of our desires. Lord, I praise you for the works of your hand, specifically today for my family, my home, a steady job for my husband, and the freedom of our country. All things are guided by your hand. Oh Lord, how great thou art!!!

I'll bring you my prayer... Lord, give me a thankful heart each and every day, not just in this season. Guide me these next few days to be a "Mary" rather than a "Martha". Grant safe travels for all to come together this Thanksgiving and be with my family near and far. Help them all to know your love for them and help them all to love you deeply and completely. Thank you for your gift of salvation, and may we never take it for granted.

You spoke to me... "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I am glad to meet you, Sarah, through participation in Simple Devotion.

I also want to have that thankful heart, each and every day.

Happy Thanksgiving!