Monday, October 20, 2008

My first daybook entry

Wow, this is exciting! I have wanted to create a blog for quite some time and I'm finally getting around to doing it. My plan is to just record things here that I want to remember, share information with others, and hopefully provide some sort of solace and support to other like-minded women and friends. I've had a desire to continue to simplify our life, and I hope you can travel the journey with me as I continue to seek the Lord's guidance for raising our family, being a good wife, and finding His will in our daily path. So, to start it out, here is my first daybook entry!

Outside my window...it is dark as I have been busy all day.

I am thinking...about how I can better use my time - how to be more efficient.

From the learning rooms...nothing right now as all kiddos are in bed, but I have lesson plans to do yet for tomorrow

I am thankful for...the opportunity to be home with my kids. My prayer is that I use it to its fullest potential each and every day.

From the kitchen...still a few dishes left in the dishwater to wash. We had "sticky chicken" in the crockpot tonight and it really turned out yummy!

I am wearing...a quilted flannel shirt, white long sleeved tee, comfy blue jeans, and socks

I am reading...Love and Respect

I am hoping...that my dh and I can get to the movie "Fireproof" tomorrow

I am creating...this blog!!

I am hearing...the drone of this ol' laptop as it is running pretty hard right now

Around the house...I see clothes to be boxed up for my niece, lots of papers to be dealt with on my desk

One of my favorite things...is going up to bed and reading in my nice warm quilts

A few plans for the rest of the week...not to be obsessed with completing and perfecting this blog, getting the three large buckets of apples made into applesauce, picking the rest of the peppers, and pulling the tomatoes from the garden

No comments: